Daytime Care for Your Loved One
Enjoy peace of mind while your loved one stays active and engaged.
Easterseals-Goodwill Adult Day Services provides a unique daytime care option for your spouse, parent, or other loved one with memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other medical or physical disabilities making it difficult for them to stay home alone safely. Participants spend the day interacting and socializing with other adults, and enjoying therapeutic activities designed to improve cognitive and physical health in a positive and relaxing environment.
This program enables family caregivers to go to work, handle personal errands and appointments, or have a break from round-the-clock caregiving. Being a caregiver is hard work, when you can take care of your own needs and have a respite from caregiving, it can improve your own health and wellbeing. It can also improve the relationship between you and the one you are caring for.
Our trained staff members engage participants throughout the day in a variety of interesting and fun activities and community outings, while providing assistance with personal care needs. Individuals can attend for all or part of a day, as many weekdays as desired.
Consider Adult Day if your loved one is facing memory loss or dementia, chronic medical conditions or physical disabilities that make being alone unsafe or lonely. Adult Day is here to help you and your loved one.
Come for a tour or consider
a 1/2 day visit at no charge.
Think Adult Day may be a good fit for your loved one?
We invite you to take a tour or, have your loved one spend a half day with us at no charge.
Give us a call at 406-791-4345
What does it cost? When are you open?
Adult Day Services is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm, and we will work with families that need care before 8am or after 4pm. Your loved one can attend as many or as few hours as you wish. Drop-in care on an as-needed basis is available with 24 hour notice.
We are happy to discuss your individual needs, and work with you to design an attendance plan that works for you and your loved one.
Services are offered at a per hour rate of $9.48. This includes nutritious meals and snacks, plus all outings and activities. Transportation within Great Falls city limits to and from the center is available for an additional $3 each way for individuals who spend the entire day. We accept Medicaid waiver, private insurance and private pay.
How your loved one benefits
It’s important for seniors to stay active and not become lonely or depressed as they age. A recent study by Johns Hopkins University indicates socially isolated older adults have a higher risk of developing dementia. This CDC article also supports the results of the study.
Taking part in Adult Day Services:
- Provides companionship and social interaction with peers
- Reduces isolation and loneliness of spending days at home by themselves
- Promotes physical wellness and mental stimulation with opportunities for light exercise, recreational activities and community outings
- Restores and enhances feelings of independence by offering time away from family caregivers
- Provides therapeutic activities designed to improve memory and physical mobility
Daily Activity Schedule
We tailor daily activities to a holiday, season, celebration or fun activity—from National Bacon Day to World Smile Day to Favorite Movie Day. Activity calendars are provided monthly to help you stay informed. Watch our video highlighting our drumming activity in action! Here’s what our daily schedule looks like:
- Arrival, settle in
- Coffee and chat
- Games, crafts and activities/outings
- Group exercises, Tai Chi, range of motion exercises, stretching
- Group reading
- Games, crafts and activities/outings
- Afternoon snack
Providing the best care possible
Adult Day Services helps caregivers provide the best care possible for a spouse, parent, adult child or other loved one who needs assistance during the day:
- Licensed program
- Well-trained, caring staff with a background in therapeutic recreation
- Alzheimer’s and dementia specialized care, incorporating Positive Approach to Care
- Nutritious meals and snacks, through the Certified Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Group activities, light exercises, social opportunities
- Planned community outings
- Health monitoring
- Assistance with eating and personal hygiene
- Established safety and emergency procedures
- Therapy pet. Watch Millie, our therapy dog, interacting with participants
- Transportation services (additional cost)
Adult Day Services
Easterseals-Goodwill Adult Day Services is licensed as a Residential Health Care Facility –License No. 11995. This license is Issued by the Licensure Bureau, Quality Assurance Division, Department of Public Health and Human Services, State of Montana.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 202250-9410, or call (202) 720-5964 (voice or TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.